Being Luke Skywalker (Winter Break Small Moment)
I tell everyone that my favorite part of winter break was seeing the architecture in Rajasthan, but my favorite part was being Luke Skywalker. I was a girl running on the highest sand dune in the Sam Dunes of the Thar Desert wearing a neon pink winter fleece, chasing my younger sister around the dunes. My sister was running up and down the large sand dune with me following her around slowly, as the sand slowly ate the color off my shoes. My parents stopped following us after a while and I could see them taking photos of all the sand flying everywhere. Finally reaching the top of the dune, I plopped down and stared at the horizon.The cold wind was blowing through my hair as I sat on top of the sand dune. The sun was setting, staining the sky purple. It was nothing much and it only lasted for about a minute, but I knew at that moment, it would be my most treasured memory from this winter break. I stood up, trying to memorize every detail so I could paint this picture at home. Most people who know me well would think the highlight of my winter break be watching the latest Star Wars movie, but in reality, it was the trip to the sand dunes of Rajasthan and imagining myself to be standing on Tatooine next to Luke Skywalker watching the double sunset. No, I was Luke Skywalker.
![]() |
| Luke Skywalker on Tatooine (Star Wars: A New Hope) |

I really like how you added a lot of detail when the sun was setting, I can imagine the sun setting, staining the sky purple. I also had a similar experience like this, I sometimes imagine myself being someone else and I that feeling that I am the character.
ReplyDeleteGood job, I think that you really showed your happiest moment of your winter break. I also think you did a great job connecting yourself to Luke Skywalker. I also like how at the end you said "No, I was Luke Skywalker".
ReplyDeleteYour story was really good. Instead of thinking that you were Luke Skywalker, you said the you WERE Luke Skywalker.
ReplyDelete