The Why

I recognized art as an extreme passion when I was in fifth grade; I loved drawing all the time. Around then, I got a Star Wars art book which I studied as religiously as a 10-year-old could, and drawing gave me an outlet for my imagination. Over time, I have been inspired by the works and styles of Norman Rockwell and Alphonse Mucha to the likes of Ralph McQuarrie. I was self-taught up to last year when I took Studio Art with Mr. Lawrence. I was able to do so in freshman year because I attended NJAHS with Mr. Koltutsky in 8th grade. During my time in NJAHS, I decided my goal was to follow my passion and work in animation and/or illustration industries, both of which are about developing stories with art.  I want to master the ability to convey a story within pieces of art. During this class, I need guidance to help me improve my skills in body proportions and depth/perspective. I want to take complete advantage of all the art classes SAS provides to build a portfolio I'll take pride in which will take me into the top tier art schools of my dreams.




Image result for alphonse mucha hamlet
Alphonse Mucha
Image result for alphonse mucha princess hyacinth
Alphonse Mucha
Image result for norman rockwell sledding
Norman Rockwell
Image result for norman rockwell diner
Norman Rockwell

Image result for ralph mcquarrie banthaImage result for ralph mcquarrie
Ralph McQuarrie

Comments

Popular Posts

To Insecurity • Open Letter

Fixing Tomorrow

Final Piece -- Greatest Fear, Greatest Joy