Figure Drawing #4
![]() |
| First of the Three |
![]() |
| Third of the Three |
Personal Feedback-
The requirements for this section of the unit were to create 4 creative print to draw on, complete two timed figure drawings with pastel/Conte chalk and rapidograph, with the following two with a medium of choice. Since I modeled for the first day, I only got to do three figure drawings. My first and third were done with rapidograph, and my second done with pastel. I really like how my first (of Keona) and my third (and final, of Mrs. B) came out, especially the one of Keona. Although I tried to become more comfortable with using pastels, I felt the medium didn't allow me to get into the details as much as I usually like.
Before starting on the lining, I sketched with pencil, which can be seen in the third piece. My main goal of this part of the unit was to get the proportions as close to the model's, which I knew would be challenging with our models shifting during the drawing sessions. With Keona's, I'm very happy with the scale of her body. With the third piece, I had a bit of trouble with the perspective, since she was closer to our eye level than the other models. I spent so much time on her proportions and perspective, I didn't get to complete the lines. This is also why the sketch lines are still visible.
I'm still really happy with these pieces, specifically with the proportions. I would still want to work on how efficiently I do timed figure drawings across mediums.


Comments
Post a Comment