Figure Drawing #1
Personal Feedback-
I am very proud and surprised at how well this turned out! This was the third and most recent piece from the Figure Drawing unit, and the first time I have drawn a skeleton figure. We were working with pencils again, I used a 4B for this piece, and a bit of 6B to darken some lines. Since we've already used pencil in a project before, I knew to be careful with how light/dark I go, especially when starting this sketch. The skeleton was propped on a table with us (the students) sitting around this table. I sat diagonally behind the figure, which gave me an interesting perspective and a chance to draw a skeleton in a way I haven't visualized before. Starting out in this unit, I had difficulties with not allowed to use an eraser, which made me think deeply and plan in advance about how I would go about drawing. With the case of the two previous figure drawings (of Adam and Eve), I had trouble with conveying perspective with correct proportions;. But, the skeleton was easier to draw because it was easier for me to visualize the initial blocking of the basic shapes. Overall, I'm really happy with how this ended. There is enough detail to make out the skeleton but not an overbearing amount of detail. For my first time drawing a skeleton at such a strange angle, I really like how the perspective looks (and how the proportions make sense).
I am very proud and surprised at how well this turned out! This was the third and most recent piece from the Figure Drawing unit, and the first time I have drawn a skeleton figure. We were working with pencils again, I used a 4B for this piece, and a bit of 6B to darken some lines. Since we've already used pencil in a project before, I knew to be careful with how light/dark I go, especially when starting this sketch. The skeleton was propped on a table with us (the students) sitting around this table. I sat diagonally behind the figure, which gave me an interesting perspective and a chance to draw a skeleton in a way I haven't visualized before. Starting out in this unit, I had difficulties with not allowed to use an eraser, which made me think deeply and plan in advance about how I would go about drawing. With the case of the two previous figure drawings (of Adam and Eve), I had trouble with conveying perspective with correct proportions;. But, the skeleton was easier to draw because it was easier for me to visualize the initial blocking of the basic shapes. Overall, I'm really happy with how this ended. There is enough detail to make out the skeleton but not an overbearing amount of detail. For my first time drawing a skeleton at such a strange angle, I really like how the perspective looks (and how the proportions make sense).
Comments
Post a Comment