Colored Pencil - Holiday
![]() |
| Final |
| '50%' |
- The concept is very unique
- The contrast of warm/cool colors is good
- Vibrant colors
- Lighting is effective
Personal Reflection:
Overall, I am happy with this piece. Not very proud, but I'm impressed with how the coloring of the main idol of Maa Durga turned out. I originally planned to leave it as just the priest and the idol, but then there would be more than 25% of raw board visible, so I decided to add the blue chaali in the back. It was really rushed, and in my opinion, it looks terrible and the final piece would've looked better without the background. I'm pleased with how the priest turned out, it was the first thing I colored. The anatomy of Maa Durga's arms are proportionate to how the idols are made in West Bengal, but they look awkward and looking back, I think I should have thought the positioning and proportions out better before coloring them in. I've haven't worked with colored pencils in many years, so this was slightly challenging.

Comments
Post a Comment