Tennis Forearm Swing Review

This is my section in the video: https://youtu.be/buWqCAz4AGQ?t=1m36s
(From 1:36 to 1:46)

I am facing forward position and when the ball comes, I drop my racquet back and swing to hit the ball. My wrist is not as firm as it should be though. Because of that, I end up not following through with my racquet.

You can see this here:



My swing is supposed to look like this:




I do not follow through, which leaves me in a twisted pretzel shape...

Two  good things I am doing in my forearm swing are:
  1. I start in the right forward position
  2. I move one of my feet back so I can do a clean swing
    Two things I need to work on are:
    1. I need to make my wrist more firm when I swing
    2.  After I am able to swing with a firm wrist, I will be able to follow through on my swing correctly.



    Comments

    Popular Posts

    To Insecurity • Open Letter

    Fixing Tomorrow

    Final Piece -- Greatest Fear, Greatest Joy